"City of Glass (Mortal Instruments, #3)" by Cassandra Clare

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
YA, Fantasy

In the third instalment of Clare's The Mortal Instruments series, the team ventures to the shadowhunter homeland, Idris. There, Clary seeks to help her mother, and to find out more about her family. However, Valentine does not stop his evil plans long enough for Clary and the Lightwoods to enjoy their time in the capital Allicante. He threatens war against the Clave. To be able to stand up against him, shadowhunters and downworlders must unite against their common enemy. But can they get past their differences? Can Clary face her feelings for Jace and their consequences? Can he? What does this trip to Idris mean for Simon?


I liked this book. I didn't totally love it, but it was pretty interesting and exciting. I couldn't put it down because there was always something crazy happening or about to happen. It was a high energy read in that way. However, sometimes that got a little tiring. It seemed a bit episodic at times in the way it moved from one crazy thing to the next. It didn't seem like a realistic flow. That being said, it was still enjoyable for what it is. I'm not going to spoil anything, but I did appreciate a resolution that I did expect but was still glad to see. I am really enjoying this series and look forward to the next books! I will read a few books in between them though because otherwise I get tired of the story.


I feel like if you are reading this review, you have already read the first two books in the series and already know whether you want to read this one, so my recommendation is not really that important :P However, if you read and enjoyed the first two, you will also enjoy this one! And if you haven't read the first two, first of all, what are you doing reading this review?!, and second of all, you should give the series a try if you like fantasy!



My Rating: B+

Labels: , , ,